In Scotland food prices are high and going to restaurants can be very expensive. At the same time a lot of food is actually not eaten but goes to waste. Fiona Donaldson, founder or the social enterprise "Prep Table", aims to tackle both of these issues.

She will come to visit Kiel and will share her experiences of creating a social enterprise on Wednesday, November 28th from 4 to 6 p.m. in the ChangeBox (Wilhelm-Seelig-Platz 1a).
To give a short insight about her and Prep table: Having been a chef in restaurants, I saw the poor treatment of staff and inflated mark ups pricing many out of a place to socialize. When working as a cook in a homeless hostel in Edinburgh, I saw the true value of food and eating together. I also saw the issues impacting on organisations with regards to utilising surplus food, lowering wastage and lowering costs. I wanted to do something to target both of these issues in an increasingly gentrified overpriced city. Prep table therefore offers, among others cooking events and catering services.

Their Mission is: "Empowering people through food, providing freedom of choice and the means to give, receive and to share in a comfortable, relaxed environment. We believe that everyone deserves to feel the pleasure of good food and that somebody has taken the time and effort to cook for them because they matter.“

Further information: http://preptable.scot

To register for the event, please write a short mail till Tuesday 26.11. to changebox@yooweedoo.org
Information about the ChangeBox and further events visit changebox.org

Teile diesen Beitrag

Kommentare

Hinterlasse einen Kommentar